Educational Psychologist Cape Town
Physical Address: Firdale Wellness Centre, 3 Firdale Avenue, Gardens.
Preferred method of communication: E-mail. As I am in consultation for most of the day I cannot always answer my phone and find that it is often easier for me to respond via e-mail. I will generally reply to e-mails within 24 hours.
I am an Educational Psychologist and completed my Bachelors and Honours degrees in psychology at the University of Pretoria where after I obtained an Honours and a Master’s degree in education from the University of South Africa. I have a passion for early childhood development. I have 15 years experience in the field of education and have been practicing as an educational psychologist for the last 10 years.
HPCSA Registration number:
Fully bilingual (English & Afrikaans)
I charge medical aid rates that are tailored to your specific MEDICAL AID. As I claim directly from them and charge according to their specific rate, I can guarantee that there will be no surcharges.
GEMS, POLMED, MEDIHELP, CAMAF and BONITAS clients please note that due to non-payment on behalf of your medical aids – clients who belong to these medical aids will unfortunately be treated as private patients. You will need to obtain an authorisation number in order to claim this money back from them.
My PRIVATE PATIENT FEES for parents who are not on medical aid are:
Therapy: R800.00 per hour
Assessments (all inclusive): R4700.00
This includes the background meeting* + feedback meeting + assessment + report.
* Background meetings are important, but if you are absolutely unable to meet with me for a background meeting I can send you background documents to complete via e-mail and there is then no charge for a background meeting – the full cost of the assessment is then R3900.00
- Psycho Educational assessments / Global Assessments
- School readiness assessments
- Assessment for Remedial placements / referrals
- Placement of learners with Special Needs in LSEN schools
- Play therapy
- Behaviour therapy
- Grade R booster workshops
- Parent guidance and support
- Consulting regarding ECD matters
- Learning support
- Subject choice assessments
- Career choice assessments
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Concession / accommodation assessments
- Consulting to Schools and Businesses
I am bilingual – speaking both English and Afrikaans fluently. Being based in the City Bowl area of Cape Town, I mostly see clients from Gardens, Vredehoek, Oranjezicht, Tamboerskloof, De Waterkant, Woodstock, Salt River, Observatory, Walmer Estate, Sea Point, Green Point, Fresnaye, Camps Bay, Clifton, Bakoven, Llandudno, Newlands, Rondebosch, Mowbray, Pinelands, Milnerton, Tableview and Blouberg.